If you would like to book this author for a media event, or request a review copy of this or any of our titles, please send an email to Marketing Director Sarah Keeney.
About this Book
Some two million people visit the battlefield at Gettysburg each year. It is one of the most popular historical destinations in the United States. Most visitors tour the field by following the National Park Service's suggested auto tour. The standard tour, however, skips crucial monuments, markers, battle actions, town sites, hospital locations, and other hidden historical gems that should be experienced by everyone. These serious oversights are fully rectified in The Complete Gettysburg Guide, penned by noted Gettysburg historian J. David Petruzzi and illustrated with the lavish, full-color photography and maps (70) of Civil War cartographer Steven Stanley.
Complete, detailed, and up-to-date, The Complete Gettysburg Guide: Walking and Driving Tours of the Battlefield, Town, Cemeteries, Field Hospital Sites, and other Topics of Historical Interest includes:
- Detailed driving and walking tours of the entire battlefield (including obscure sites that even veteran visitors miss or never hear about);
- A tour of every identified field hospital site for both armies;
- Tours of the National Cemetery and the town's Evergreen Cemetery;
- A tour of the town of Gettysburg, including sites of historical interest before and after the battle;
- Outlying battlefields including the June 26, 1863 skirmish site, East Cavalry Field, South Cavalry Field, Hunterstown, Hanover, and Fairfield;
- And a special tour of the various rock carvings on the battlefield, many of which were created by returning veterans and pre-date most of the monuments.
Every student of Gettysburg, novice and expert alike, will want to learn from, enjoy, and treasure The Complete Gettysburg Guide. No visitor to Gettysburg will want to be without it..